Start Your Dream Art Blog in Easy Steps!
The process of creating an art blog is an exciting venture for any artist who wishes to connect with a larger audience and grow their creative endeavors. This can be accomplished in a few simple steps:
1. Choose a platform: Select the software and web host that best fits your skillset, as well as giving you the tools and features you need to create your dream blog.
2. Pick a Theme: Choose an aesthetic for your website that is visually appealing and fits your brand.
3. Pick a Domain Name: Make sure that your blog’s domain name helps readers quickly understand your blog’s content.
Art Blogging: The process of creating and maintaining an art blog involves choosing a platform, picking a theme, and selecting a domain name.
Once these steps are completed, it is essential to create compelling content, design a navigable structure, and establish a presence on social media.
To maximize potential, art bloggers should also consider search engine optimization techniques, networking through collaboration, and monetization methods.
Be sure to keep reading to get more information on setting up your artist blog!
How To Start An Artist Blog
Starting a blog is an excellent way to share and showcase your artwork with the world. Whether you’re a musician, a novice painter, or a more seasoned artisan, having a blog will help you connect with your audience, hone your craft, and even make money from your work. Here are some steps to create your own blog:
1. Decide which blogging platform you’re going to use for your blog.
The two main types of blogging platforms are hosted platforms and self-hosted platforms. Hosted platforms like WordPress and Blogger are the simplest to use and often the most convenient, as they already have built-in templates, themes, and customization tools to make your life easier. If you decide to go with a hosted platform, you shouldn’t need to know anything about coding and won’t have to purchase hosting services (unless you buy a custom domain name).
However, if you want more control over the look of your blog, more flexibility in terms of SEO and analytics, and the abilities to customize features and functions, you’ll want to consider using a self-hosted platform. Popular self-hosted platforms include WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal. With a self-hosting platform, you’ll have access to more features, plugins and widgets. You will, however, need to purchase hosting services and you might need to know some basic coding.
2. Secure a domain name and hosting services.
When you use a self-hosted platform, you’ll need to purchase hosting services. Most hosting companies offer a variety of packages and prices, ranging from basic packages to more advanced plans with more features and tools. You might also need to buy a domain name. A domain name is your blog’s address, and it should be meaningful and memorable. Many hosting companies offer domain-name registration, so check to see if you can purchase your domain name at the same time as your hosting services.
3. Choose a design and theme for your blog.
Some blogging platforms offer dozens of design templates to choose from, which makes it easy for you to select a design for your blog. Additionally, some blogging platforms allow you to customize the look and feel of the design. For instance, you could change the font, upload your own logo, and add background images. If you want a more unique look, consider using a premium theme from a third-party developer.
4. Write your first few blog posts.
Writing your first few blog posts is the hardest part of setting up your blog. There are many resources online which can help you write interesting blog posts. Additionally, you could take inspiration from other artists’ blogs by seeing what topics interest them, what kind of language they use, and what kind of formatting they use.
5. Promote your blog.
Once you’ve written your first few blog posts, you can start promoting your blog. You could start off by submitting your blog to popular blog directories, as well as social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. Additionally, you could reach out to other artists and bloggers in your area, and ask them to spread the word about your blog. Promoting your blog also means engaging with your audience and responding to comments and feedback.
Starting a blog as an artist is an excellent way to share and showcase your artwork. No matter what type of artist you are, or what type of platform you choose, the steps listed in this article will help you launch your artist blog. With a bit of dedication and persistence, you’ll be able to connect with your audience and promote your work with ease.
1. PaperFury (https://paperfury.com): A whimsical blog full of art and creativity that encourages embracing the true beauty in life and sees writing and art as an adventure.
2. Boho Berry (https://bohoberry.com): A blog that serves as a gentle reminder to slow down, to be kind to yourself and be kind to the world.
3. Dream Create Art (https://dreamcreateart.com): A blog that celebrates the mind-body connection and self-expression and provides support, instruction and inspiration to unleash your inner artist.
4. Illustration Age (https://illustrationage.com): A blog that cultivates vulnerability and creativity in a unique blend of art and music aimed at connecting the contemporary artist with the creative process.
5. The Art of Simple (https://theartofsimple.net): A blog that celebrates the simple things in life and shares lessons on making art and living a creative life as a means of finding joy, connection and beauty in the every day.
Check out these amazing art blogs for creative inspiration to start your own dream art blog! They provide great tips and advice on embracing the creative process, finding your own art style, and unleashing the artist within.
Creating an art blog involves choosing a platform, picking a theme, and selecting a domain name. It is important to create compelling content, design a navigable structure, and establish a presence on social media to connect with an audience and grow creatively.
Other considerations include search engine optimization techniques, networking through collaboration, and monetization methods. There are two main types of blogging platforms: hosted platforms like WordPress and Blogger, which are easy to use with built-in templates and customization tools, and self-hosted platforms like WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal, which offer more flexibility and customization but require purchasing hosting services and may require coding knowledge.
To set up a blog, artists should decide on a platform, secure a domain name and hosting services, choose a design and theme, write their first few blog posts, and promote their blog through social media and other channels.
Ready to get your blog up and running? Download my Free Blog Launch Checklist and let me help you start and grow your blog today!