Crochet Along: Afghan Sampler
Join me as we crochet an Afghan Sampler during the Savvy Kingdom crochet along!
Pattern is Property of The Inspired Wren.
You can click on this link to go their page for original post
This Afghan Composes of 3 colors 10 stitches and 20 squares
To get the most out of this experience, you’ll want to head on over to Savvy Kingdom’s I Love Crocheting Facebook group to join the Royal Hookers, where you can ask questions and share pictures of your progress! Please jump right into the discussion and don’t be shy!
We are going to work on a CAL that has already been done by the Inspired Wren. What I will be doing is linking you to the posts from their page at the appropriate time in your inbox.
There are some changes with our CAL vs the original. Their’s was to set up as a year long CAL but since it was already completed and we have the patterns ahead of time we are going to cut the time by 75% and give you 8 squares month to do instead of 2 like they had.
Here are the things you’ll need to know to prepare:
- Crochet 8 squares per month and have a finished blanket in approximately 3 months
- The afghan will be comprised of twenty 9-inch squares.
- There will be five rows made up of four squares each. [Final size: approx. 36″ x 45″]
- We will crochet ten sample-stitches
- We will complete four squares each month using one sample-stitch
- New squares will be emailed/posted on the every week over the next 3 months.
- Each square will be a solid color, and each sample-stitch will be completed in two colors.*
- The final blanket will have a total of three colors.
*You can stitch the squares in any order, but START WITH PART 1 SQUARE 1.
There you will find information on yarn amounts and color schemes.You may also opt to make a monochromatic afghan, one color is also a lovely look.
OR maybe you want to go multicolored and use ten, or even twenty, colors. The choice is yours; I’ll be working tri-color.
How to Determine Your Crochet Skill Level
Crafting Time: 3 months
Notes: Pattern in U.S. crochet terminology
Supplies and Tools:
Yarn and Hooks: Will be listed on the individual square pattern page
Notions: Darning/Tapestry needle and scissors
Afghan measures 36″ [91.44 cm] wide x 45″ [114.3 cm] length.
Each section of the pattern will be linked here as we go so this will be the main hub for this pattern.
- Part 1– Square 1 and Materials Needed
- Part 2 – Square 2 Coming Soon (02/26/19)
- Part 3 – Square 3 release 03/05/19
- Part 4 – Square 4 release 03/12/19
- Part 5 – Square 5 release 03/19/19
- Part 6 – release 03/26/19
- Part 7 – release 04/02/19
- Part 8 – release 04/09/19
- Part 9 – release 04/23/19
- Part 10 – release 04//19
FAQs – Afghan Sampler
Don’t forget to use #cal to share your projects with me in the Facebook group! I would love to see your Afghan Sampler!
This post contains affiliate links.
When you purchase something using these links a small amount of the sales price goes to me to help keep this site active, and the crochet alongs free. You do not pay any extra for the item you purchase.